Please Note for those intended to attend CSW 64th
The UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) is a key opportunity to advance gender equality and women’s rights globally. UN Women as the substantive Secretariat for the Commission is currently evaluating the situation with respect to COVID-19 disease given the size of the event starting on 9th March.
• Based on available information, UN Women is providing guidance to participants attending CSW to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19 disease; including information in the note for participants and side events’ organisers. Guidance will also be disseminated electronically to NGO participants.
• Pertinent information has been added to the CSW Information note for participants which is on the website, and documents available here: https://www.unwomen.org/en/csw/csw64-2020
• The CSW Chair will draw attention to the precautionary measures in his preparatory briefing for the session on 2 March.
• UN Women has been informed about a few cancellations of attendance to CSW.
• UN Women will offer an online webcast of events to participants and presenters who are unable to attend in person, as much as technically and logistically possible.
• UN Women will continue to actively monitor the situation as it evolves; and will follow the recommendations and guidance of relevant authorities including UNDSS, World Health Organisation, UN Emergency Task Force, and UN Medical Service at UNHQ.